1Using it asa pronoun 部分翻译
TIP
提示
If an animal is a pet,we usually use he or she for it.
如果一个动物是宠物,我们通常用他或她来代替它。
My cat is very friendly. She is a happy cat.
我的猫很友好。她是一只快乐的猫。
·We use it for animals and lifeless things.
我们使用it指代动物或无生命的事物。
Look at the panda.It is so small.
看这只熊猫。它是这么小。
Another famous attraction is the Great Wall. It runs for over 6,000 kilometres across northern China.
另一个著名的吸引人的地方是长城。它(长城)在中国北部地区绵延6 000多千米。
·We use it for a young child when we do not know whether it is a girl or a boy。
当我们不知道它是一个女孩还是一个男孩时,我们使用it来指代小孩。
My aunt will have a baby soon. She hopes it will be a girl.
我婶婶很快就要有小孩了;她希望它会是个女孩.
Look at that.cute baby over there! It's a boy,isn't it?
看那边那个可爱的婴儿!它是个男孩,对不对?
·We use it for an unknown person
我们使用it指代身份不明的人。
-Who was calling you on the phone just now?
一刚才谁打电话找你?
-It was my cousm.
一(它)是我表弟。
·We use it for an action,a situation or an idea mentioned in a previous statement.
我们使用it指代前面陈述中提到的动作、情景或看法。
Riding around the countryside is popular in Guilin,isn't it?
骑自行车环行乡村在桂林很受欢迎,是不是?
Tourists like to take a boat trip along the Lijiang River. It is great fun.
游客们喜欢乘船沿漓江旅行。它很有乐趣。
A visit to the Summer Palace
颐和园之行
The exchange students visited the Summer Palace yesterday. Kevin is writing about it.Read the passage below and find out what each it refers to.Write your answers in the blanks.
交换生们昨天游览了颐和园。凯文正在写它。读下面的短文,找出每个it指的是什么。把你的答案写到空白处。
Yesterday we visited the Summer Palace and spent about three hours in it.The palace is a Chinese garden and mainly mcludes a hill and a lake.The lake is very big-it takes up three quarters of the area.Itwas frozen,so we could not row a boat there. It was really a pity. Across the lake is a 17-hole bridge. There are many stone lions on either side of it.The lions are all different from each other.Isn't it amazing? While I was walking along the bridge, my mobile phone rang. It was my mum.l told her that the Summer Palace was well worth visiting.
昨天我们游览了颐和园,并在里面花了大约三个小时的时间。这座宫殿是一座中国式的园林,主要包括一座小山和一个湖。这个湖很大,它占(颐和园)四分之三的面积。它结冰了,因此我们无法在那儿划船。这(事)确实可惜。湖上有座十七孔桥。桥两边有很多石狮子。这些狮子形状各异。不是很令人惊异吗?当我漫步桥上时,我的手机响丁。是我妈妈。我告诉她颐和园非常值得游览。
2Using it as an impersonal pronoun部分翻译
We also use it for the time,the date,the weather,the distance,etc.
我们也使用it指代时间、日期、天气、距离等。
It is 6:30 p.札It is raining heavily outside.
现在是下午6:30,外面正在下大雨。
It is I January today. It is New Year's Day.
今天是1月1日。是新年。
In I3eijing,it is cold and windy in winter.
在北京,冬天寒冷而且有风。
It is two kilometres from my school to my home.
从学校到我家2千米。
Leaving for Shanghai
动身去上海
The exchange students Ieft for Shanghai. Kevin has made some notes in his diary. Rewrite his sentences with it.
交换生们动身去了上海。凯文已在日记里做了一些记录。使用it重写他的句子。
1. Today is 22 February. We left Beijing for Shanghai early in the morning.
今天是2月22日。一大早我们离开北京动身去上海。
.____We left Beijing for Shanghai early in the morning.
一大早我们离开北京动身去上海。
2. Shanghai is about 1,300 kilometres from Beijing.
上海距离北京大约l 300千米。
____from Beijing to Shanghai.
____从北京到上海。
3. I woke up at 5 a.rrL this morning.
我今天早上五点醒来。
____when I woke up this morning.
当我今天早上醒来的时候____。
4. I felt a little cold when we went out.The temperature was only 2℃.
当我们外出时,我感到有点冷。温度只有2℃。
I felt a little cold when we went out____.
当我们外出时,我感到有点冷
5. Winter is very cold and dry in Beijing.
在北京,冬天非常寒冷而且干燥。
In winter,____.
在冬天,____。
6. We arrived in Shanghai on a sunny day.
我们在一个晴朗的日子抵达了上海.
____when we arrived in Shanghai.
当我们抵达上海时____。
7. We got to our hotel at noon.
我们在中午到达了我们的旅馆。
____when we got to our hotel.
当我们到达我们的旅馆时____。
8. 0ur hotel is not far from the Bund.
我们的旅馆离外滩不远。
____from the Bund to our hotel.
从外滩到我们的旅信____。
3Using it to replace the real subject or object部分翻译
Sometimes we use it to replace the real subject or object in a sentence.In this situation,we put the real subject or object later in the sentence in the form of a to-infinitive or a clause.
我们有时在句中使用it代替真正的主语或宾语。在这种情况下,我们将句子真正的主语或宾语以动词不定式或从句的形式放在句子的后面。
It is very tiring to climb the steps.
爬这些台阶真累人。
It is popular to hire a bicycle and ride around the countryside.
租一辆自行车,围绕乡村骑行也很受欢迎。
It is amazing that there are so many rocks in unusual shapes in the cave.
在这个山洞中,有如此多的形状奇特的石头,真令人惊奇。
Many people find it pleasant to travel around.
许多人发现环游(世界)很快乐。
Useful structures with it
带有it的有用的结构
It is+adj ective+( of/for...)+to.
做……(对……来说)是……的
lt takes.…some time to.
花费……一段时间去……
It is said/reported/.that.…
据说/报道/……
…think(s) /find(s)it easy/difficult/.to.
……认为/发现做……是简单的/困难的/……
About Shanghai
关于上海
Miss Thompson,a British teacher travelling with the exchange students,is writing down what she thinks about Shanghai. Help her complete her notes withif.
汤普生小姐,一位同交换生们一起旅行的英国老师,正在记录她对上海的一些想法。使用it帮她完成笔记。
Traffic:The traffic is often busy,but public transport here is quite good,so(1)_____.(easy) for people to get around.
交通:交通经常很繁忙,但是这里的公共交通设施很好,因此对人们来说,四处走动是很(1)_____容易的。
Weather:(2)_____ (sunny) and warm We like (3)_____here.
天气:(2)_____天气晴朗而且暖和。我们喜欢这儿的(3)_____天气。
Environment:(4)_____(said) that the air is not clean here,but I do not think the pollution is as serious as I imagined.
坏境:(4)_____据说这里的空气不于净,但我认为污染没有我想象的那么严重。
Sights:Shanghai is beautiful. (5)_____(fun)to ride around the city and visit the interesting places.
景色:上海是美丽的。骑自行车环游城市和游览有趣的地方很(5)_____有乐趣。
Food:Chinese food is delicious.1 wilJ ask my family to go to a Chinese restaurant and try(6)_____when I get back.
食物:中国的食物美味可口。当我回去时我会要求我的家人去一家中国餐馆品尝(6)_____它。
Hotel:We all think (7)_____(comfortable) to stay in this hotel. They provide a high level of service.
旅馆:我们都认为所住的这家旅馆很(7)_____舒适。他们提供了高水平的服务。
People:The local people are friendly.(8)_____(kind) of them to answer all our questions.
人们:当地人很友好。他们回答了我们所有的问题,(8)_____真是太好了。